27 July, 2005

Dynamis-Xarcabard

It was time. After clearing Dynamis-Beaucedine, the door was now open for the final challenge to the Shadow Lord story arc: Dynamis-Xarcabard.

Thanks to Explorer's small size, and the fact that not everybody had cleared Dynamis-Beaucedine (or even gained access to Beaucedine), our numbers were severely limited for this run. In fact, only twenty-four of us managed to make it on this trip to Dynamis-Xarcabard.

Dynamis-Xarcabard is also the place where the one piece of Black Mage AF2 I really want also drops- the Sorcerer's Petasos. The stats on the AF2 hat completely blow the AF1 hat out of the water for the most part, offering both +10 to Elemental Magic skill, and +5 to Enfeebling Magic. Sure, it doesn't actually contribute to damage like the AF1 hat, as the AF2 hat has no +INT, but with such a massive boost to Elemental Magic, you will rarely ever get resisted, especially when coupled with the AF1 gloves, which add +15 to Elemental Magic.

Unfortunately, my recent absence (lasting approximately six weeks) has put my far behind the other Black Mages in terms of points. While when I left, I could've gotten an AF2 coat from Dynamis-Beaucedine, I was now whopping last place in terms of points when it came to this Dynamis. In fact, I'm a whole 100 points behind Lutein, so it'll be a very long time before I see any good AF2, I think. ; ;

Anyway, after all the organising, we were ready and set to go!

Upon zoning into Dynamis-Xarcabard, the first thing I noticed was the different music. As if knowledge of the {Mega Boss} being the Dynamis Lord wasn't enough, they changed the music to being the very psyching battle music to the Shadow Lord battle of 5-2, as opposed to your regular chanty-ish Dynamis music. That certainly got the adrenalin pumping. ^^

Furthermore, unlike all the other Dynamis zones where there are definite paths, Dynamis-Xarcabard has a whole lot of open areas and hills. Which meant that if a swarm of mobs were coming your way, you could see them all come up past the hilltops and down onto the linkshell. And unlike the other Dynamis zones, these mobs were NOT a pushover! >_< We were fighting the real deal now- no silly Yagudo, Quadav, Orcs, or Goblins. No, Dynamis-Xarcabard was the home to Demons and Floating Eyes!



I don't think the Eyes could be slept either, so instead of our usual tactic of sleepga-ing everything and having Frisk pick out which to kill, we actually had multiple tanks (3) to keep the other mobs occupied while Frisk led the linkshell to try and take out the mobs in a somewhat systematic order. Of course, this would lead to problems involving various 2-hour abilites. >_<

One thing I noted was that everybody had brought along a Reraise Gorget, and in Kitsume's case, multiple Reraise Gorgets and Hairpins. Suffice to say, there was a lot of suicide pulling going on here...and even then, things do get awry once in a while...



Dynamis-Xarcabard is also different in the sense that there are a whole lot more trigger mobs that need to be killed before the Mega Boss (the Dynamis Lord) is released. In this case, there were fifteen NM Demon mobs, corresponding to the fifteen job classes. all clustered in groups of three that we had to take on. They all had names of royalty, like "Prince Seere" and "Duke Berith", and each one took a while to kill. Since they couldn't be slept, that meant we had to treat their 2-hr abilities very carefully. Of course, some were easier to handle than others. ^^

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see past this stage of Dynamis-Xarcabard, as it was very late at night, and at some point, I fell asleep. >_< Some time later, I woke up to the sound of regular Xarcabard playing, and after scrolling up, found that Elmas has bought the hourglass out of my bazaar, effectively booting me from Dynamis. That was embarrassing, although I did tell Elmas beforehand I was starting to feel sleepy. :P

In the end, I don't think any Black Mage AF dropped, although we did get AF2 pieces for Ninja, Bard, Warrior, Thief, and Paladin. Since our only Bard already had his AF2 piece from Xarcabard, that ended up being thrown away (a move I still vehemontly oppose), while the others went to their respective people who wanted them. All in all, I quite enjoyed Dynamis-Xarcabard. I've spoken to Railston a while ago, and maybe I'll pop down to another LS'es Dynamis-Xarcabard run just to help out, and maybe have a chance at defeating the Dynamis Lord to at least have one storyline completed.

Time will tell. ^^

No comments: