17 March, 2006

37.5 million gil...

...is the approximate cost (including sellback) of leveling Goldsmithing from GS70, to GS80.







It is one of my proudest accomplishments to date. Going into Goldsmithing "hell", and making it through to tell the tale. ^^



To be honest, I haven't the foggiest idea how I managed to come up with the money. Well, I guess I have a sense of it at least. In the beginning, I funded it through mass gardening, growing Platinum Nuggets (before that market was driven to the ground) to fund the early stages of Goldsmithing.



A big donation from a friend (Faeyth) who quit the game and left me everything (including a very nice chunk of change) let me buy my Nobles Tunic, which I later resold to fund Goldsmithing, since I figured that was what he wanted. (I still miss the Tunic, tho...; ;)



Finally, a lucky ENM resulting in two Hedgehog Bombs from the same Armoury Crate gave the final push I needed in order to make it through to the end, which was a very good thing, because I actually ended up with less money than the cost of a Hedgehog Bomb, so I guess it was a good thing I did that ENM! XD



So yeah, I'm finally complete with one of the toughest periods of Goldsmithing, or crafting for that matter. Now, before the Clothcrafters come banging on my door waving the bill for Clothcraft 99→100 in my face, let me say this: A Clothcrafter at 99 has already "made it". Only an Elite Beret +1 strikes out as the notable synth you might want to strive for that would require a Clothcraft 100 in order to break the 11-tier on, but you won't really be breaking any extra tiers by going into the last level, so it's more for completeness' sake that you get that final level.



However, Goldsmithers have to go through the 70s in order to even have a shot at making it to the endgame synths, and as such, they go through a harder time trying to get past their "hell" stage.



Anyway, I'm glad I'm through the 70s. ^^ Now to just hope I don't smash too many Elemental Ores...XD

1 comment:

Paul Bauman said...

Congratulations! I was wondering how the goldsmithing was coming along after you got the bombs.

{Good job!}