27 November, 2008

Campsitarus- 1,000,000 hits!

Posting this from work, so it'll be quick. ^^

Long ago in June 2006, I blogged about my little projectaru, Campsitarus, getting its 100,000th hit.

Back then, I thought it was quite a big deal- I convinced Strawberrie to doodle me an image that I would later adopt to make Campsitaru's title, and was generally happy about how well it had been received within the FFXI community.

Things have since died down, with me becoming more and more busy in real life, and not having enough time to really try out new camps on my own. Not to mention that the harsh reality of the situation was that, people rarely ever used Campsitarus for its alternate leveling locations (correct me on this part if I'm wrong. :P) and there are only so many "standard camps" to cover before one runs out (although I really ought to get that Soldier Crawler/Hornfly camp done someday. -_-)

There were some beautiful locales and alternate spots that I tried promoting (the Misareaux Coast immediately springs to mind), but the only one that really "caught on" to some extent was East Ronfaure [S], and even then, it's still hard to get people to go there on a regular basis (which may or may not be a good thing. ^^)

So cutting my rambling, sometime today, Campsitarus will get its 1,000,000th hit.

I'm pretty busy these days, so I've been unable to do anything special to mark this milestone, although I've been meaning to work on the template for quite some time now. I really don't like the way it looks at the moment, but my teamplating/coding skills are {Too weak.} Would anyone like to {Help me out!}? :(

On another note, while everyone was getting all excited over the Vanafest, and the announcement of the three upcoming mini-expansions, the promotional image for A Crystalline Prophecy caught my eyes.

Wow. I was blown away.

I really like this style of drawing- probably something I should try to learn from. Admittedly, the bottom is a little odd (especially the taru), but the top part...wow.

There's something fluid and yet, so sad in the top part of the image. I love the use of colour as well. Here's the full image that I pieced together on photoshop and uploaded before I left:



Mental note: Look up more stuff from Katsuya Terada!

3 comments:

wyred said...

I don't see any counter!

Nevertheless, grats on achieving a million hits! :)

Angelo said...

Congratulations on the big milestone. I have to say, about that time in 2006 I was leveling DRK to 75. So yes, I'd venture to say that 90% of my parties were led by me. Your alternate camp guides were my MAIN reason to use your site, and I continue to use it today. Well, if I remember right most parties ended up in traditional locations and overcrowded. I'm only 1 person though, keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

Tuuf if you need any help with a template or just someone to bounce Ideas off me and Oshi would always be glad to help, oshi could also help with the coding.